Monday, November 16, 2009

Jesus heals a Lame Man by a Pool

Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days.
Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda, with five covered porches. Crowds of sick people - blind, lame or paralyzed-lay on the porches. One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him and knew how long he had been ill, he asked him, "would you like to get well?" "I can't sir,"the sick man said, "for I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred up. While I am
trying to get there, someone else always gets in ahead of me." Jesus told him. "Stand up, pick up your sleeping mat, and walk!" Instantly, the man was heald! he rolled up the mat and began walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment